- BUY A SUSTAINABLE ALTERNATIVE TO PEAT COMPOST NOW
- Once water is added, our coir block will hydrate and grow to create a perfect growing medium for your plants, offering the optimum air to water ratio and encouraging healthy root growth.
- WHY IS COIR SO GOOD? - There are many benefits to using coir, other than the fact that it's much more sustainable than peat-based compost.
- SUSTAINABILITY - Our coir is a truly sustainable product, and we try our best to minimise the environmental footprint of 'for peat's sake!' as much as possible.
- WHY PEAT? - Our mission is to inform people on how important it is to conserve peat by choosing to grow peat-free. We offer people a sustainable alternative, made from a renewable resource!
WHAT IS OUR ECO COIR COMPOST? The 'For Peat's Sake' block is dehydrated coconut coir. Once water is added, the coir will hydrate and grow to approximately 11.5 Litres! This growing medium is 100% peat-free and can be used to support plants in pots, including house plants and vegetables. The blocks are made from 100% coconut husk and offer the optimum air to water ratio, encouraging healthy root growth. The coir includes no artificial fertiliser so when planted, should be fed organic proprietary plant food.